Hi everybody! I am Thornwoods Perfect Aim "Gunner" - but you can just call me Gunner. I'm a yellow English Lab.

I was born on February 6, 2009 in Klammath Falls, Oregon. I was the runt of the litter to Thornwood's Above and Beyond "Score" (he's my dad - a big'ol yellow English Lab) and Thormwood's Eclipse "Shadow" (she's my mom - a beautiful black English Lab).

Thornwood Labradors was the greatest place on earth for a pup like me to be born. Please visit Thornwood Labradors.

My story is pretty fun to tell...but it began long before I was born. It began when the Schultz Kids, determined to have a dog of their own, opened a lemonade stand in the summer of 2008 to raise enough money to buy...ME - imagine that! They have a pretty good story to tell as well. You can read about it by visiting Where There's A Will.

Come back again soon and read about my adventures.

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Day I Was Born

.


(This post was written through Gunner's eyes by Cheri Conway, founder of Thornwood Labradors)

I remember........actually I don't remember when, but I remember that it was so warm, dark, and SO comfy. I was never hungry or thirsty. Time didn't mean much. Actually, I never thought about time at all. Then all of a sudden there was this great big people-hand, and it grabbed me (but it didn't hurt), and pulled and pulled. I tried to hang back and stay where I was, but it pulled me out and into the light. I kept my eyes shut, but I could tell anyway. He dropped me into this other pair of hands, and they took me over to a table that was warm, these hands rubbed the heck out of me, and made me spit up all the stuff I had in my lungs. I tried to ignore them, but after a while, they made me so mad that I cried. It was only a few squeaks, but the lady said, "Sing that pretty song, baby!", and she put me into a nice warm box with some other wiggly things that I learned later were my brothers and sisters. I heard them saying that that was something called a 'C-section', and that everyone was fine, and my mommy (what was a 'mommy'?) was waking up.

Then we all took a ride in the lady's car. I heard horns honk now and then, and the lady said that didn't matter, we were still going to go around the corners REALLY slow, so that my mommy didn't bounce (still didn't know what a 'mommy' was). We stopped moving, and things opened and closed, and now we (all the brothers and sisters) were lifted into ANOTHER place. There was a heating pad in the middle of it, so that we would all pile up together, and the 'mommy' could curl around us and........... WOW! THAT'S was a mommy is for! She was tired, they said, but she licked me all over, and made me poop and pee, and then she shoved me up close to her tummy, and...... THE MILK BAR!! I didn't know that I was hungry, but I sure WAS! I can smell stuff, so I know where mommy is, and I can FEEL, too, so I always crawl towards warm things (like mommy). The lady says that's Nature, keeping us always headed towards the safety of mommy and the milk bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment