Hi everybody! I am Thornwoods Perfect Aim "Gunner" - but you can just call me Gunner. I'm a yellow English Lab.

I was born on February 6, 2009 in Klammath Falls, Oregon. I was the runt of the litter to Thornwood's Above and Beyond "Score" (he's my dad - a big'ol yellow English Lab) and Thormwood's Eclipse "Shadow" (she's my mom - a beautiful black English Lab).

Thornwood Labradors was the greatest place on earth for a pup like me to be born. Please visit Thornwood Labradors.

My story is pretty fun to tell...but it began long before I was born. It began when the Schultz Kids, determined to have a dog of their own, opened a lemonade stand in the summer of 2008 to raise enough money to buy...ME - imagine that! They have a pretty good story to tell as well. You can read about it by visiting Where There's A Will.

Come back again soon and read about my adventures.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

My New Home In Boise, Idaho

. Well, the Lady was right - the Schultz family came back early this morning. And they were all super crazy to see me again. This is Aubrey, she smells like she's 12. She sure is a crazy pup, always making everyone laugh. If you look closely at my belly, you can see a small scar. I had an umbilical hernia and the Lady thought it was best to have it fixed up before going to my new home. It's no big deal though, a few stitches, 10 days of rest, and I'll be ready to chew on anything again.

This is Taylor, at 14 she's the oldest pup of the pack. This picture was taken just before putting me into their van. Wow! My last time ever being at Thornwood Labradors - I sure am going to miss the Lady, my Dad (Score), my Mom (Shadow), 45 of my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins, and those 17 goofy looking Peacocks running around everywhere.


That's me, in the van, ready for a 9 hour roadtrip to my new home. If only I knew what was ahead of me. The Boss Man drove and everyone else took turns holding me - I was a pretty popular guy that day!

Check out the Lady - she could have easily let the kids argue over who would get to be the first one to hold me, but apparently she likes me already!

What the heck is this all about? Every hour, on the hour, we would pull off to the side of the road and walk around with this stupid leash. The funny thing was that as soon as I would pee, we would get back in the van and drive for another hour.


Snack time was great! Boss Man would put me in the back of the van and make sure I would get plenty of food and water. I didn't realize that even eating lunch would be so enjoyable for the kids to watch. They even stared with enthusiasm when I pooped - sheesh!


This is Jack. He already acts like we're buddies or something. He seems to be about 7 and I'm already 8 weeks, so we're about the same age I guess. I think that since I'm a boy, and Jack's a boy, that we'll probably be good friends someday.

Wow! Now this is Hannah. She is awesome! And comfy too. She has a ton of patience for only being 9. Hannah either always knows what I'm thinking, or just always wants to hold me...either way, I'm cool with it.

This is one of my favorite pictures so far - just me and the Lady...riding shotgun! It was pretty neat when she would add herself to the rotation every couple of rounds or so.

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, we stopped at this school yard and got out for a little stretch. It felt so good to get out of the van and run around, play, and just be a puppy.


I can remember how fun it was when the kids hid their hands and faces and I would totally sniff around their heads and lick their ears. That was so awesome!

"I-DA-HO?" Not quite sure why the Boss Man took a picture of this sign...but I remember thinking we must be close to my new home.

They wanted to stop at some family's house and show me off for a bit - they were crazy about me too! Look, they even made me a sign, "Welcome Home Gunner!"

"Home Sweet Home" I made it! It sure was a long ride - but I'm happy to be at my new home.

This is my ex-pen (exercise pen) and it sucks! I don't mind being in it if someone gets in with me. But when I'm alone, I just cry and cry and cry.

But as for my crate...I love it! Boss Man and the Lady keep it next to their bed at night and downstairs in the living room during the day.

Yep, I really think I'm gonna like it here!

1 comment:

  1. How is your darling puppy doing. Loved your site. Trying to convince my husband we must have another yellow lab.

    ReplyDelete