Hi everybody! I am Thornwoods Perfect Aim "Gunner" - but you can just call me Gunner. I'm a yellow English Lab.

I was born on February 6, 2009 in Klammath Falls, Oregon. I was the runt of the litter to Thornwood's Above and Beyond "Score" (he's my dad - a big'ol yellow English Lab) and Thormwood's Eclipse "Shadow" (she's my mom - a beautiful black English Lab).

Thornwood Labradors was the greatest place on earth for a pup like me to be born. Please visit Thornwood Labradors.

My story is pretty fun to tell...but it began long before I was born. It began when the Schultz Kids, determined to have a dog of their own, opened a lemonade stand in the summer of 2008 to raise enough money to buy...ME - imagine that! They have a pretty good story to tell as well. You can read about it by visiting Where There's A Will.

Come back again soon and read about my adventures.

Friday, April 3, 2009

We're Not Babies Anymore

.


(This post was written through Gunner's eyes by Cheri Conway, founder of Thornwood Labradors)

Well, mommy turned on us today. I couldn't believe she did that! For days now she's been pretty stingy with the milk bar, and the lady said that there's another Nature's lesson coming. It wasn't me, honest, but I really got the point anyway. One of my sisters, and two of my brothers kinda cornered mommy, and tried to sneak a little milk from the milk bar. She suddenly turned and said the meanest things to them, and even SNAPPED at them! They told me later that they thought she was about to kill them on the spot. They just froze. Then just as suddenly, mommy went back to being her usual sweet mommy-self. It happened once or twice more, and now we all leave the milk bar alone, and mommy is happy. The lady said that that was an important lesson, and that that's why she makes us stay here until we're 8 weeks old... so that mommy can teach us that if another dog should growl at us later in our lives, we don't have to run, and we don't have to fight.... we just have to stop what we're doing! The lady said that we were ready now, and that we would be going off to our new families, and that she would really miss us. Well, SHE might, but mommy doesn't seem to care much one way or the other. The lady says that that's Nature's way, and that it makes us go on our own way in life, not stay with mommy forever. I LIKE mommy... I would be very happy to stay with her, but the lady says that wouldn't be so good, and that I'm supposed to go take care of The Schultz Family now. Mommy told me to, "Be a good puppy, study hard, and learn... but most of all, love people, like she taught me." I'm going to try HARD.

The puppy-doctor came back to check all of us really well. He said I could go on to my new family now. They are coming tomorrow. I hope they like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment